Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Uptown Westerville Farmers' Market: This Week's Fresh Bread

Well, I have been busy making bread dough today. The dough is currently spending time rising – so I am taking a break to let you know what I will have tomorrow. As always, if you call me at 614.523.0754 before noon tomorrow, I will save your order for you until you can get to the market. I sold out last week, so this is advised.

This week I will have the following: Breads: challah loaves (slightly sweet eggy bread), totally wheat,
parmesan peppercorn wheat, birdseed (wheat bread with lots of seeds, whole grains, etc.), cinnamon swirl, and lemon swirl.

Jams: Blackberry Jelly, Blackberry Triple Sec Jelly, Brandied Apricot, Crabapple Jelly, Cranberry Peach, Spiced Plum, Low Sugar Brandied Peach, Low Sugar Brandied Plum, Low Sugar Crabapple Jelly, Mango Chutney, and Hot Mango Chutney.

I told several of you that I would have some marmalade this week, unfortunately it didn’t set (yes, occasionally I do have some that just don’t cooperate), so I will not have it ready for this week. Hopefully I will have this corrected by next week (marmalade sometimes takes 2 weeks to set) and may also have some rhubarb and strawberry rhubarb jams.

Please feel free to make suggestions regarding next week's bread selection.

Jane Varley
Varley Valley Products
614.523.0754

No comments:

Post a Comment