Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Uptown Westerville Farmers' Market: Varley Valley August 20th Market Report

Jane Varley of Varley Valley is back at the market in good form. Jane reports: I will have a greater selection of bread this week. I am bringing Challah, Lemon Swirl, Cinnamon Swirl, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, Whole Wheat, Totally Wheat and Parmesan Peppercorn Wheat.

I didn’t get the chance to make any more jams. I spent a long weekend with my family celebrating my Dad’s 80th birthday. We went sailing, fishing, and talked a lot. Being a Varley gathering, there was plenty of good food. In addition to my love of baking and cooking in general, my sister-in-law is a professional chef. We enjoyed the results of our fishing in the farm pond and had a wonderful meal of fresh-caught bluegill and bass.

I checked on the elderberries at the farm and the birds have certainly enjoyed them. So unfortunately, I will have no elderberry jam this year (unless someone out there has some for me that the birds haven’t yet gotten). I did get some blackberries that my brother picked for me so I will have some blackberry jelly soon. I look forward to seeing you at this week's market.

By the way, if you haven't sampled Jane's Spiced Plum Jam -- you are missing out. Try some today!

No comments:

Post a Comment