Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Uptown Westerville Farmer's Market: Sue's Kitchen has a new Name

Farmers' Market Wednesday is here, so we look forward to seeing you at the Uptown Westerville Farmers' Market, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. at N. State and E. Home in the Church of the Messiah parking lot.

Tomorrow marks an important day for market vendor Sue Renner:

I have been pondering for awhile about changing what I call my baking business. I called it "Sue's Kitchen" because I had to think of something quick for the very first Farmers' Market application I filled out 5 years ago.

So, now its 5 years down the road and I finally have a name that defines what I do. From now on you will be tasting and purchasing homebaked, heirloom goodies from... The Heritage Bakery.

I decided on this name because I grew up on a farm learning to bake pies, cookies and breads alongside my Mom and Gramma. Many of the tastey treats I bring to the market came straight from their recipe box; many are award-winning recipes. In a nutshell its 'baking the way it used to be." With that said, tomorrow I will be bringing a variety of large and small homebaked and decorated fruit pies, chocolate chip and peanut blossom cookie stacks, jumbo cinnamon rolls - the best buns in town : ) and Pastry Lemonade (some with pecans and some with cherries).

If the weather permits we will also bring cut stems of gorgeous peonies and iris for your table.

See you then!

Sue
The Heirloom Bakery
614.588.6903

No comments:

Post a Comment