Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Uptown Westerville Farmers' Market: Welcome Back Sue's Kitchen

The Uptown Westerville Farmers' Market welcomes Sue's Kitchen to the 2009 market.

Sue Renner makes some fabulous baked goods, including pies!

Sue sends her report for opening day of the 2009 market season:

Hope you're hungry for fresh Strawberry Rhubarb pie because I will bring small and large pies (rhubarb straight out of my patch!!); for those who don't like rhubarb-well, I will also bring Granny Smith Apple (small and large) as well as small Red Razzle Raspberry & Big-n-Bold Blackberry pies. All decorated (of course) with the flakiest crust you'll ever taste.

If pie isn't up your alley then maybe cookies are! I will have a variety of Yumm-o Big Chocolate Chippers, Mom's Oatmeal Raisin, It's Not Funny Snickerdoodle, and Kissable Peanut Blossom.

Something new this year are Biker Bars-a healthier alternative cookie full of honey, oats, cranberries, apricots, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds--Mucho Delicioso!!

Back by popular demand are my Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls with loads of frosting, and Gramma Rose's Banana Walnut Bread.

If I have my act together I may bring a new surprise to the market-CUPCAKES!! ((if you don't see them this week you'll know I didn't have my act together).

So ta-ta for now and I'll see you at the market!!

Market Insider Tip: Sue's Kitchen's pies can be addictive!! Just kidding. If you want pie... COME EARLY! There are days when Sue's Kitchen pies sell out in the first 15 minutes after market open! No kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment