Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Uptown Westerville Farmers' Market: What's New At Malabar Acres

Mike Dippold from Malabar Acres shares...

Well, let me give you a little update.

First of all I will be at market as my peach crop appears to have made it through the winter. We have to worry for about another month as we could get a killer frost when trees are in blossom. Winter kill has been bad the last two years so this year was a much needed break.

Things seem to be in slow motion this spring. Wet ground kept me out of orchard until later than normal and it has been hard to burn our trimmings. Last Friday and Saturday were finally nice and we got to burn up our major brush pile. One more to go next weekend.

Check out our website www.malabaracres.com in near future. I plan to get it updated by May 1st with our offering for the year which will be a challenge but you got to set goals.

I will be in Worthington as I have in the past as well as Ashland and Wooster. Prices will have to be higher as gas, diesel, and chemicals have all gone up a lot.

The old apple orchard is shaping up quite a bit so maybe we will have some better apples this year. The bees appears to be bouncing back quite well but no mass winter kills like last year.

Well this is my contribution. It will be time to cut grass before we know.

I ask all of you to keep me in mind for any real estate needs. That is how I make my living. The orchard is my passion but the real estate pays the bills. Have a buyer looking for nice 50-60 acres northwest to northeast of Columbus say one hour out. Prefers no house on property unless it is on the edge of acreage. Will lease back land to farmer any tillable land. He is in 70s and just wants a quite place to retire too.

Mike Dippold
Malabar Acres/Ashland Co. 419-554-0027
Century 21 Joe Walker of Westerville 614-899-1400

No comments:

Post a Comment